If you set a loud alarm clock or a sound that is not very pleasing It can make it difficult to shake off your morning sleepiness. But the researchers said the sound of an alarm clock was a melody. It can help you feel refreshed after waking up.
The study was conducted by researchers in Australia. In total, 50 participants were asked to answer questions about their favorite alarm clock sound in the morning. including the feeling of the alarm and the feeling of waking up
incomplete waking up Or snooze means someone who is still very sleepy when waking up. and have trouble moving
However, not everyone experiences a long period of drowsiness. But those with such symptoms should find a solution. Especially when performing duties that require maximum physical performance. which includes various tasks dangerous, such as driving or cycling Shortly after waking up The same is true for people who work in dangerous situations after waking up. such as firefighters and pilots, etc.
In addition, not fully awake. or drowsiness It also landed in major accidents, including a plane crash. and accidents in transportation
Why is it better to set an alarm with music?
Researchers think music may be better at reducing drowsiness. Because there are multiple tones compared to the single tone of the "beep" alarm.
McFarlane says changes in the melody of music may help to stay awake after waking up. But it's too early to come to a conclusion on this matter. More studies are needed to get a real answer.
What kind of music is best to use as an alarm clock?
The researchers suggested alarm tones that were easy to hum or accompany them. McFarlane said the songs he currently use to set them include 'Close to me' by the Cure and 'Borderline' by Madonna.
However, experts point out that no matter how you wake up, But how long it takes to sleep is very important. Here are some tips to help you sleep better and feel refreshed every morning:
• Set a regular schedule - go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. Researchers recommend at least seven hours of sleep per night.
• Decorate the room suitable for sleeping - The room should be completely dark while sleeping. Place the bed away from the window. Try to keep the room quiet and cool.
• Exercise - Most studies suggest that regular exercise That is, three or four times a week helps to sleep better.
• Try not to use electronic devices in bed – turn off your cell phone before going to bed. or drop it by setting “Do Not Disturb”
• Avoid eating large meals before bedtime.
• Limit nicotine, caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
• Be more active or active during the day - this will help you fall asleep faster and easier.